I have had a productive weekend and one of the things I managed to finish was the final touch to my shed which means I can finally do my blog reveal! You’ve probably caught glimpses of it in the background of other photos, but I’ve been dying to show it to you in all its fabulous glory.
It arrived about six weeks ago all in pieces ready to put together. I ordered a wooden base for it to sit on, but I was advised to put it on slabs to maximise its longevity so I ordered some big slabs which arrived a couple of days later.
Luckily the area where it was to go was pretty flat already so there was very little preparation to be done before I laid the slabs and I could quickly get on with building the shed.
I managed to put most of it together by myself, but I had to enlist hubby to help with some of it because it was too big to hold it all up and screw it together on my own. I’m not very good at asking for help, but sometimes needs must!
See that window? It was all really simple to put together … except that perishing window! That window nearly caused marital discord because I got soooooooooo frustrated with it and poor hubby happened to be the nearest person to me! I had to tell him to leave my vicinity otherwise I knew I was going to explode out of utter frustration! I think the poor man was actually scared for his life. I’ve never in my life been so wound up by a piece of plastic! I even rang the supplier and got them to send out a replacement window because I was convinced they’d supplied the wrong part, but the same window arrived! Imagine my exasperation!
I’m still not convinced that they hadn’t got a whole job lot of the wrong windows matched up with this particular shed because it just DID NOT fit the space (and that can’t have been my fault because the front panel came assembled).
Anyway, now I had a replacement if it went wrong, I decided the only way forward was to cut one of them to make it fit. So, there is a window in the shed, it’s not right, it’s not particularly watertight, but it’s in and it’s staying there!
So now it was time to beautify it. It’s functional, but functional doesn’t have to be boring.
There’s the spare window behind the lion!
The outside was fun to do. It’s probably not finished, but I’m happy with how it looks for now.
These pics were taken a couple of weeks ago and the hanging basket has filled out loads since then (you’ll see in a minute). I got it last year in the sale and it was filled with yellow Begonias and I liked it so I filled it with Begonia plugs this year which have flourished. They were supposed to be mixed colour but they’re all red and pink – I was hoping for some yellow. Never mind.
So, on to the final embellishment that I finished this morning.
I love it!
I used a pattern by Attic24 which was easy to work up and I hung it simply with tacks. I’d have liked to put it on the outside, but rain and crochet doesn’t really go well together.
Drumroll moment …….
I love, love, LOVE it!